I dont know where to ask about this so i'll ask here.

Lately when i've been playing my LSDJ tracks on my original Game Boy in Song mode, it seems to have a habit of slowing down and freezing up the interface and when it unfreezes it speeds up real quick. I only use the original Game Boy to record so this is a bit of an issue. Would it be because i have too many compositions on my LSDJ cartridge or is it just too much stuff happening for the Game Boy to handle? Is it just a unique problem with my particular Game Boy? I dont have this problem on any other of my Game Boys, just the brick one.

Thanks.

Riverside, CA

Have you tried the same song on any other Game Boys? On a Color or an Advance?
I've made some songs that have a shit ton going on and make it hard to move the cursor while playing, but never that or crashing or anything.

Switzerland

I had a track like that once. BPM was at max and lot of stuff going on at the same time (with tables for example). On a DMG-01, it would slow down a lot and then catch up to the tempo accelerating like hell. Playing the same track on a GBA SP? No issue! (Now if someone knows how to get a good sound on a GBA SP, please reach out to me!).

jiffypop23 wrote:

Have you tried the same song on any other Game Boys? On a Color or an Advance?
I've made some songs that have a shit ton going on and make it hard to move the cursor while playing, but never that or crashing or anything.

Yeah my GBC and GBA are fine. Just the GBB (Game Boy Brick)

Ashtom wrote:

I had a track like that once. BPM was at max and lot of stuff going on at the same time (with tables for example). On a DMG-01, it would slow down a lot and then catch up to the tempo accelerating like hell. Playing the same track on a GBA SP? No issue! (Now if someone knows how to get a good sound on a GBA SP, please reach out to me!).

Maybe it has something to do with the tempo, most of the songs im writing are around the 210BPM and those are the songs that are being affected. Although i had one song at about 245BPM and i had no problem, but after that any other song i have written at a high BPM would act funny.

I tried putting my Game Boy Color through this Mini Kaoss Pad that i own and pushed it through the Hard Limiter, that kinda work.

Last edited by MLDVR (November 5, 2012 8:36 am)

AU

Sound like a case of too many Tables at once yo!

Cincinnati, Ohio

i also only use DMG-01 for recording etc.  i run into that issue when i run one or more tables and kits simultaneously.  to fix this, i usually just cut one or the other (or consolidate somehow if possible).  good luck! hope that helps some

so either too many tables and/or too many kits. Will investigate. Thank you wizards of LSDJ