St Louis

I think this will keep me on my toes, I have been wanting to push my electronic music to something better, or more deliberate at least. I guess that's the main thing I need to work on is composition, so I'm hoping the progression will be that I become a better composer... 52 songs in a row should help! lol. I also hope to share some of my band's music, which has been difficult to promote. we've done a number of shows and about that many albums. I would like for the band to get more focused as well, but that's another story and is not really for me to decide. Anyway, I hope to progress and learn from this and other musicians here. I hope people make time to talk on the discussion boards, it could be just as rewarding as sharing the music itself.

Madison, Alabama

I've been working on 2 main things the last few months that I hope to hone. The first is that I want to create a really organic, natural-sounding fusion of chip music and acoustic elements. The second is to really stretch my chord progressions, incorporating more jazz chords and interesting shifts. So I'm hoping to explore and refine these ideas, with the goal of crafting a really focused album.

I'm also excited about doing a bunch of goofy one-offs.  tongue

Just from the first week, I can tell there are going to be a lot of interesting and exciting compositions coming out of this.

Sydney, Australia

Hopefully with a lot more focus over the year.

Cincinnati, Ohio

I've been working on music for a number of years now and I feel like this year is going to be different in that I'm beginning to focus more on networking and playing live shows in addition to just making the music I love to make.  I hope to meet a lot of people thought this site too smile

Philadelphia, PA

I'd like to be able to do a full multi-hour club set! Lame, I know, but I'm one of those guys who enjoys straight uncehouse, lol.

St Louis
roboctopus wrote:

I've been working on 2 main things the last few months that I hope to hone. The first is that I want to create a really organic, natural-sounding fusion of chip music and acoustic elements. The second is to really stretch my chord progressions, incorporating more jazz chords and interesting shifts. So I'm hoping to explore and refine these ideas, with the goal of crafting a really focused album.

I'm also excited about doing a bunch of goofy one-offs.  tongue

Just from the first week, I can tell there are going to be a lot of interesting and exciting compositions coming out of this.

sounds pretty interesting... I think if anyone is turned off by chiptune is the overwhelming artificial sound of it. nice challenge to combine that with more natural sounds....

also jazz chords are fun to play... making up chords is usually what I do. some more interesting shifts is always one of the toughest things to work on, the best ones at least in my experience come out of nowhere. I'd like to work on shifts as well, gotta add that to the list.

Liverpool, United Kingdom

One of my main plans is to master (as much as is possible) the OT and MDUW together.

The other is to get back into LSDJ as I've neglected it for a while due to the age-old cartridge issues.

Stockholm

I got an OP-1 in November, and this came along just as I was finishing off my first proper track. For me, it was a natural choice to dedicate all 52 songs to writing on the OP-1. I also thought that the first track took way too long to finish so doing a track a week will force me to develop a flow on the OP-1 and get things done in tight focus...

There'll be a theme a month, with rules. For example, January is just pure OP-1 (I used vocals on week 2 but they were recorded with the built-in mic). Other months are planned such as acoustic guitar + op-1, gadgets (monotron, home-brew synths, etc) + op-1. Maybe i'll do a gameboy month too, with nanoloop, lsdj and my old gameboy app i developed years and years ago....

That's my plan...

Tacoma WA

just put in an application for some art space form the city for doing noise and drone show and exhibits.

i see myself going further and further away from beaty stuff and more and more into textured rhythmic farty andd bug noises

>_<

Stockholm

Can't go wrong with bug noises ever smile

Hope ya'll like crabcore 'cause once February and RPM starts I'll be crabbing it up all month

http://rpmchallenge.com/

March we go back to some noise chiptunes

assuming I don't have my instruments over the summer I'll be producing trance/house/dubstep in June/July/August

Vocaloid experimentation

Those are my plans anyway.  Probably not gonna pan out

Adelaide, South Australia

I only came back to electronica full time recently after pushing the guitar work for a decade or so, so this is a good way for me to get back in to the swing of it, hopefully getting past the 'I've gotten all the easy inspiration out, now what?' point...

Also, I need to develop a better workflow and understanding of what my synths and effects can do, so an environment where I can muck about with something new and put it out there outside of an EP is ideal.

St Louis

I can't wait to do my all electronic piece

Adelaide, South Australia

Following the tape stuff/stalker homage I can see the next month taking the form of more electronic material with an emphasis on natural sounds and field recordings - most likely via max/map, which I need to give so more love to.  this will tie into other work I'm developing outside of weekly beats, so I'm approaching this project occasionally as a means of keeping everything focused and on track.  from there I'm not sure of my direction, though there'll certainly be some songwriters stuff cropping up at some point.  But so far so good...I'm having a ball here. smile

Chicago
VBO wrote:

Hope ya'll like crabcore 'cause once February and RPM starts I'll be crabbing it up all month

http://rpmchallenge.com/

For serious crabcore? like give-me-your-money-kids metalcore? I'm 100% down for that.
If guest vocals interest you, I'm more than willing to provide big_smile

AU

>how does everyone see their music progressing this year?

I'm sure my engineering will improve and in those late-night creative moments I'll move in musical ways I haven't before - but I think my main progress will be in my attitude towards composition.  Things like not being scared of releasing music I'm not 100% happy with, or finding the right way to approach writing if I'm procrastinating, or learning how to finish a tune without going around in tweaking circles!!