Philadelphia, PA

As a follow up to the thread "Week 01: How did we fare?" I announce the WEEK TWO VERSION!!! How many of us didn't submit for week two, eh? heart

So, is the challenge already getting harder or are you rocking out with no end in sight?!

I'll go first.
Posted my song up two days before the due date and you know what? As long as Wheely keeps posting his very thoughtful comments, I really couldn't care less how I do, haha!

(Thanks for the kind words and CC, Wheely.)

Gosford, Australia

I'm pleased as punch with my work and the response to it.
Set the bar way too high for myself for the rest of the year, though!

Saskatchewan, Canada

i was happy with a style i had never tried before. Sometimes done is better than perfect.

Helsinki, Finland

Not really satisfied but then again I didnt have that much time. And I realized couple of improvements after I uploaded it hehe. Gonna polish it later though.

Pretty happy with mine, it's grown on me. But really really inspired by what everyone else has put up, just listening to them all now. What a great idea this is, you can't get fresher music than this!

Adelaide, Australia

I didn't put as much effort into mine as I should have, but it got to a point where I wasn't really sure where to take, so I said screw it and just uploaded. xD

Production quality was subpar, even for me, but it's still good to listen to, and for me that's the important part. big_smile

I shit out the best song I've ever written so far

didn't get to record it though so I had to throw the midi into Ableton

so I'm not pleased with how the song I have on here sounds, but I think the composition was pretty good

The future

yeah.. i didnt put much effort into mine either.. i had a rad track I was working on. but it was too ambitious so i made a quick track with no beats. thusly, no one has commented :<

btw it looks like there were around 100 submissions this week after taking a quick count, so it seems like everyone is doing okay

This week's submission by me was sub-par, but has given me a track to work on for a while. When I get home, I have something for this week planned that I think will be a whole lot better smile

I was incredibly frustrated earlier in the week (see post on writers block) but managed to shit out a track on the last day. Arrangement wasn't up to snuff due to time constraints, and this song made me realize, to my chagrin, that I have a huge issue with my monitors. Oh well.

At least this competition has gotten me back into writing. Also, I want to apologize in advance as I am going to be sticking to 4x4 minimal techno for a while.

Philadelphia, PA
BDR wrote:

At least this competition has gotten me back into writing. Also, I want to apologize in advance as I am going to be sticking to 4x4 minimal techno for a while.

Four on the floor is where it's at, bro. No apology necessary, lol!

Los Angeles

I had a total fail this week, but I decided to stick to my guns and finish it even if it was crap. Though this week I'm on a head start today with something I like. smile

BDR wrote:

I was incredibly frustrated earlier in the week (see post on writers block) but managed to shit out a track on the last day. Arrangement wasn't up to snuff due to time constraints, and this song made me realize, to my chagrin, that I have a huge issue with my monitors. Oh well.

Dont be too hard, that track is really lovely.

My submit started life as something altogether more threatening, ended up a bit creepy and dubby. Not altogther happy with it, though it pushed me on to something else Im happier with which I think will be week 3's.

Adelaide, South Australia

I'm certainly happy that I produced something worth listening to, as opposed to the relatively weak kicker from week 1, but there are a couple of issues I've come across since submitting.

I'm looking forward to doing this week's entry, but I really need to start striking out in to experimenting with new things. Recording vox and guitar is still off the table at the moment, but soon, my friends... sooooooooooon... >.<

Philadelphia

my track i kind of just threw together, not particularly happy with it, as it's not really my style, but it sounds alright i think.

also

trash80 wrote:

I had a total fail this week, but I decided to stick to my guns and finish it even if it was crap. Though this week I'm on a head start today with something I like. smile

fuck you it was awesome.