Hi there!. Totally blown away by week 1 already!

Just a request - if everyone is cool with it, I think it might be cool to get a pack up of all the songs from a week (rapid share or whatever) ..
It would be great to listen to everyone's tracks while walking about then of course come back here for feedback.

I can just wget all the tracks of course but everyone doing that might hammer the server some..

Adelaide, Australia

That would be pretty cool. I wouldn't want to use all my time manually downloading all 136 songs (yes, i counted them all) when I could be listening to them all on the go.

Chicago

word! i was wondering about this too. there should be a way to automatically generate a .zip at the end of the week, right? of course i'm not saying it would be easy, i have no idea how that shit works. but on botb, once all the entries are submitted to an ohc, the site creates a zip of all of them.

Cincinnati, Ohio

im down.  that sounds awesome.  i want the whole archive!

Los Angeles

The problems I see with allowing this is that some people may not want their music to be park of such a pack, my other issue is that some poeple do not include their license information in the id3 tags. Making it hard to decipher license info.

St Louis

sounds like a great idea, especially since some weeks there will probably be A TON of tracks... I agree week 1 is quite good!

Cincinnati, Ohio
trash80 wrote:

The problems I see with allowing this is that some people may not want their music to be park of such a pack, my other issue is that some poeple do not include their license information in the id3 tags. Making it hard to decipher license info.

I'm not sure if there's a way to alter the ID tags to all be part of the "Weekly Beats Week XX" album, but that way, since we all put our copyright preference in when we upload the song anyway, it would be a publication of sorts.  Just an idea, but I'm thinking having the songs offered that way could really help saturate the audience and spread the site and all the artists associated with the site.  Since they are all up for download anyway.. perhaps there could be an opt out of offering a download, but if you accept you are part of the weekly beats album download?

The future

you could make the zip based on what people set their license to.. also the download ability.

Sydney, Australia

Weekly zips would be cool.

At the very least, I'll put all my work into a massive zip file at the end of the year. :3

Riverside, CA

You could have a text file inside the zip with the license each song is under. Could even just make a script of some sort that will make it for you each week.

Bloomington, IN

Directory access to the files would be good enough.

Madison, Alabama
trash80 wrote:

Dunno about the id3 tag bit, but you could add a box people check when they upload asking whether they would allow the song to be packaged in this hypothetical zip.

I'm just going to stream the tracks off the site, personally.  The player is nice enough to simply move on to the next track (Thanks for that, buy the way...it makes listening at work so easy and pleasant).

But I can see the allure of a zip I suppose.

Los Angeles

OH! Another thing is you can collect all the songs into iTunes/etc by subscribing to the RSS Music feed by using the link at the top of the page, to the left of the twitter and facebook icons.

Bloomington, IN

That's perfect.

Bloomington, IN

I don't see that in Safari.  What's the direct URL to the music feed?

Los Angeles
Scott Kellogg wrote:

I don't see that in Safari.  What's the direct URL to the music feed?

You do see it, its the first of the 3 gigantic squares above the logo on the right. wink

It links to http://weeklybeats.com/music/rss ... in itunes, go to the "Advanced" drop down, select "Subscribe to podcast", paste in the url, click ok.