Helsinki, Finland

Yeah, lets make this a weekly topic, shall we?

Chicago

i'm medium happy with mine, wrote a track about my new year's eve. it was 100% software so i didn't have any crazy issues with it (sorry guys!)

edit: also, is there a way to download all of the week's entries?

Last edited by Saskrotch (January 9, 2012 12:22 am)

adelaide

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I had massive hardware issues also - my NES doesn't want to talk to my MIDINES anymore, so I couldn't write a bangin' 4/4 145 BPM 2A03 track. Maybe I'll save that for some other 168 hour period.

I'm really impressed with all the stuff I've heard so far - nice work all!

Sacramento, CA

FALE_

I made a song but spaced on the upload. for some reason I thought we had the rest of today to upload. This one is my bad.

Adelaide, South Australia

I'm pretty happy with my first track, came together reasonably early in the week so it was really just a matter of tweaking here and there...let's see what this week brings.

Enjoying lots of the stuff uploaded here!

Man...screw all you massively talented jerks taking all the wind out of my sails! Some of your stuff is just crazy-good.

Perth, Australia

wow .. huge participation

well done everyone! it's going ot take me a while to listen to all of these big_smile

Gosford, Australia

I'm going through and listening to everything without a comment and hopefully finding something to comment on about it. Lots of wacky and amazing music so far!

Kansas City, MO

Man I didn't really realize this was all so electronic-oriented! My bandmate got me to sign up and now here it comes I guess. I was pretty psyched about mine when I drunkenly recorded it last Monday but less so after I uploaded it yesterday. WORD.

Chicago
BlondieBrunetti wrote:

Man I didn't really realize this was all so electronic-oriented! My bandmate got me to sign up and now here it comes I guess. I was pretty psyched about mine when I drunkenly recorded it last Monday but less so after I uploaded it yesterday. WORD.

i think it's just more appealing to electronic musicians, cause we don't really have to practice. once it's done, it's DONE!

Gosford, Australia

and making real music with real instruments is hard! tongue

The future

I had like 3 false starts and ended up going with my initial starting track.. I am medium ok with my submission.. wished i would have had more time to master it, but I was exhausted by the time it came time for that. I spent all of like 4 minutes mastering hehe. The track itself turned out rougher than I would have liked. This week I wont wait until the last minute to finish and I will probably go with the first track I start.

Madison, Alabama

I'm pretty happy with mine I guess.  If I'd had more time I would have re-recorded the guitar parts and maybe added more ambient sounds to the bridge.  And maybe written more sections, and polished the LSDJ part more, etc.  But on the whole, fun first week!

Babylon, NY

Thought that I could track something while at MAGfest. lolNope. Did track a little something but not anywhere near to anything complete. That and I didn't get home fast enough to even consider upping it.

sad

Sacramento, CA

i will count this song as week2. week1 is fail boat robinson and the funk fried kids.