Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / filby's music / Camel Rider

Camel Rider

By filby on March 25, 2016 12:22 pm

This song is dedicated to ANYONE who has ever died of ANYTHING that wasn't on their own terms. ANY victim of war, violence, murder, rape, racism, bigotry and corporate greed.

This was really interesting to put together. It's a big step for me to voice my opinions on the state of the world. I hope you enjoy it and I hope you take something away from its message.

Lyrics - LANGUAGE WARNING!

They hate us
We hate them
Drop the bombs!
Un-necessary loss of life
We belong in an asylum
We're not accountable
We're innocent
It retrospect despicable
This version of events is unavoidable
Go and count your pennies
While they count their sheep
We are all asleep
Blissfully unaware of what is going down
All this talk on social media is bullshit
Mindless propaganda for the masses
So raise your glasses
For the puppet masters
You crying "revolution" while you're kissing all their asses!
Go and bury your head
Back inside your "smart" phone
Stay ignorant and safe
While they're killin' 'em with drones
Don't you know they're dying
To serve the needs of those that rule
Don't you know they're spying
On every little fuckin' thing you do
You made it home now
That's your reward
You're safe
They don't know if death is one more step
One more heartbeat away from them
Who paints the pictures?
Who makes the plans?
Who made the decision
To drop bombs on Japan?
The winners write their history
The losers are demonised
There's no great mystery
We've all been dehumanised
This world's gone crazy
We're living in a bubble
A false sense of security
And now we're all in trouble
They're tightening their grip
They've got us surrounded
Gone are the values on which your country's founded
It's not a government
It's a corporation
A money making machine
Unjust civilisation
What you really need to know
Is that you're under control
They make us slow and soft
Like cookie dough
It can't hurt you if you don't know, right?
Your basic human rights are about to go "goodnight"
So stand up
Educate and inspire change
Or forever be a victim
Locked inside your cage
Lock the borders
Shut them out
Lock the borders
Keep them away
We act like we own this place
Like there's no human race
Like we're different from eachother
It's tribal
(When will we learn)
When will we learn to respect eachother?
And put and end to war?
When will we learn to love one another?
When will there be peace?
Oh my god I just hope we fucking wake up
While we still have a fucking chance to
Everybody thinks they're fucking right
But we don't have a fucking right
To kill eachother

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
March 28, 2016 1:12 am

Pretty intense stuff, Filby. I'm glad you take such a strong position. The world needs less apathy and more people "fucking waking up".

Rock on, mate. Peace!

March 28, 2016 2:06 am

Man this is fucking pro, love it! the vocals are great... I'm always partial to the "pop metal" (for lack of a better term) bridges but you can really sing so it's pretty good smile

good lyrics too, this is what that kind of metal is all about, A+!

March 28, 2016 3:22 am
laguna wrote:

Pretty intense stuff, Filby. I'm glad you take such a strong position. The world needs less apathy and more people "fucking waking up".

Rock on, mate. Peace!

XC3N wrote:

Man this is fucking pro, love it! the vocals are great... I'm always partial to the "pop metal" (for lack of a better term) bridges but you can really sing so it's pretty good smile

good lyrics too, this is what that kind of metal is all about, A+!


Thank you guys! I really appreciate the feedback and I am glad you feel the same way I do!\m/

March 28, 2016 5:20 am

Sweet, never heard this unreleased Faith No More track before.  Filby, not cool for you to steal other people's work and call it your own!  wink

This song is A TOTAL BEAST!  The lyrics are incredible, you really are an awesome human being and artist.  Really inspired by you.  DANG that CHORUS.

March 28, 2016 7:13 am
orangedrink wrote:

Sweet, never heard this unreleased Faith No More track before.  Filby, not cool for you to steal other people's work and call it your own!  wink

This song is A TOTAL BEAST!  The lyrics are incredible, you really are an awesome human being and artist.  Really inspired by you.  DANG that CHORUS.


Thanks man! I'm flattered! Feel free to download it here - philrobbproject.bandcamp.com  \m/

March 28, 2016 9:27 am

Beast-o-rama!!!!! This is freaky gOOd!

March 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Intense song, one of my favorites by you for sure. Keep it up man.

March 30, 2016 7:52 am

Great production on this track. Sounds pro!

March 30, 2016 2:53 pm

Holy fuck dude this is awesome!!! A++ That sounds pro and I'm jelly of your production skills

March 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Wow thank goodness for the random feature on the player, I dunno how I missed your previous tracks but I just subbed to your soundcloud and will be listening to the rest.  Really awesome to hear the rock influence.  The chorus is awesome but I love the breakdown even more.  This takes me back to my college days playing keys/sampler in a metal band. The vocal harmonies along with the guitars is suhweet!  I look forward to checking out the rest, keep it up!

March 30, 2016 10:11 pm
Podling wrote:

Beast-o-rama!!!!! This is freaky gOOd!


Cheers brother! \m/


Pyure wrote:

Intense song, one of my favorites by you for sure. Keep it up man.


Thank you my friend! I'm glad you like it!



Nimble Cipher wrote:

Great production on this track. Sounds pro!

Sam&Janx wrote:

Holy fuck dude this is awesome!!! A++ That sounds pro and I'm jelly of your production skills

Wow! I thought my production skills sucked! Haha! Just wait until I figure out how to master better!! LOL!
Thank you guys! \m/



Tone Matrix wrote:

Wow thank goodness for the random feature on the player, I dunno how I missed your previous tracks but I just subbed to your soundcloud and will be listening to the rest.  Really awesome to hear the rock influence.  The chorus is awesome but I love the breakdown even more.  This takes me back to my college days playing keys/sampler in a metal band. The vocal harmonies along with the guitars is suhweet!  I look forward to checking out the rest, keep it up!

Wow! Thank you! I am really stoked mate! Thank you for your kind words! \m/

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up