Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / exileFaker's music / recurrent composition #2 (orbitalfrontaldistal remix)

recurrent composition #2 (orbitalfrontaldistal remix)

By exileFaker on February 28, 2016 7:55 pm

This is a "recurrent remix" of an older track of mine. For this one, I trained the network on sequences of individual tracker steps in LSDJ (so, concatenated pulse1, pulse2, wave, and noise channel data from the original track).

I think it's discovered some pretty cool sounds. Still has no idea what music is really, but not bad for a 378-neuron brain.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

February 29, 2016 5:09 am

Sound really brings the sega gamegear to mind. Wonder if they had similar sound chips

February 29, 2016 7:32 pm

Really great moment around 25% where there is a stutter beat.  Also ridiculous surprise around 60% when something only appeared in the left channel.  Also: this whole thing is crazy.  Great ending.

March 4, 2016 7:46 am

You should train it on the concept of chord progression.

March 7, 2016 12:30 am
orangedrink wrote:

Heh, I appreciate your sticking with these smile

Devieus wrote:

You should train it on the concept of chord progression.

Oh man I want it to know about chord progressions, believe me. But it's gonna have to learn that from the data just like everyone else did.

March 7, 2016 7:42 pm
exileFaker wrote:

Heh, I appreciate your sticking with these smile

I'm a sucker for sound experiments wink