Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Edmund Snyder's music / tlhIngan veS ma'rIch (Klingon War March)

tlhIngan veS ma'rIch (Klingon War March)

By Edmund Snyder on February 7, 2016 7:31 pm

And now for something completely different.


loj veS DoH maH             (War, off we go)
nuv'e Qaw'                  (Destroy our foes)
juH je batlh ghoS           (Come home in honor)

wovbe' puv jopbe'           (Birds of Prey fly above)
roj quv nuv'e', chenmoH     (Make your peace, honorable foe)
,qatlh Ha' Sumlmchugh       (Your time has come)

Dah blHegh, Dah blHegh      (Now you die, now you die)
chaldaq 'uQ'a'              (Feast in heaven)
DaH Hegh SoH                (For now you die)

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
February 8, 2016 12:01 am

Oh, no guitars used in this one.  I did write lyrics and record vocals, though. smile

February 8, 2016 2:01 am

Whoaaaaaa!!!!

February 8, 2016 1:26 pm
Nestrogen wrote:

Whoaaaaaa!!!!


I hope that's a good whoaaaa,if so thanks.

February 8, 2016 4:51 pm

Great, fun piece. Your command of Klingon is impressive.

February 8, 2016 5:31 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Great, fun piece. Your command of Klingon is impressive.

I just wrote the English stuff and used a universal translator. It's probably gibberish to a real Klingon.

February 8, 2016 6:55 pm
Edmund Snyder wrote:
Jim Wood wrote:

Great, fun piece. Your command of Klingon is impressive.

I just wrote the English stuff and used a universal translator. It's probably gibberish to a real Klingon.

If you're really interested in how I put my stuff together -- do you have DropBox and Live? I could send you a file (flattened, so you wouldn't need any plugins).

February 8, 2016 6:59 pm
Jim Wood wrote:
Edmund Snyder wrote:
Jim Wood wrote:

Great, fun piece. Your command of Klingon is impressive.

I just wrote the English stuff and used a universal translator. It's probably gibberish to a real Klingon.

If you're really interested in how I put my stuff together -- do you have DropBox and Live? I could send you a file (flattened, so you wouldn't need any plugins).

I am interested, but alas I have neither Live nor a Dropbox.

February 8, 2016 8:05 pm

Quel dommage.

February 9, 2016 12:01 am

February 9, 2016 9:31 am

Funky but unsettling. How many vocal tracks did you lay on?

February 9, 2016 3:04 pm
Lyons wrote:

Funky but unsettling. How many vocal tracks did you lay on?


There are actually only 4 vocal tracks with a couple sends to FX tracks as well.  And I actually only sang two tracks, two of the tracks are dupes that I then altered the pitch on just a half step up and a half step down from the main vocal track.  I added a bit more reverb to the vocal bus on my Reverbnation version (not because the name Reverbnation practically demands it) and I like that effect because it sounds like a real choir in a choral hall to me.

Oh, also the drums (except the kick) were all done with a voice kit but not my voice and set to a bossa nova beat.  Then I accented that with the kick every quarter note throughout and the bass hitting pretty much at the same time as the kick.

February 9, 2016 3:05 pm
Lyons wrote:

Funky but unsettling. How many vocal tracks did you lay on?


Oh, and Klingons are supposed to be unsettling.  smile

February 9, 2016 8:24 pm

That's different ;-) Talk about languages that have a guttural sound, haha!

February 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof!
But I liked it.

February 10, 2016 10:43 pm

[img]www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/factfiles/warbird-big.jpg[/img]

I dind't find my Romulan Warbird t-shirt on time to comment this, but... Nerdy and lovely. U really had me on "brid of prey", Edmund!

February 10, 2016 11:28 pm
colorful grey wrote:

That's different ;-) Talk about languages that have a guttural sound, haha!


Indeed.  smile



Q-Rosh wrote:

Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof!
But I liked it.

It never mentioned any train stations.  big_smile



laguna wrote:

[img]www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/factfiles/warbird-big.jpg[/img]

I dind't find my Romulan Warbird t-shirt on time to comment this, but... Nerdy and lovely. U really had me on "brid of prey", Edmund!

Thank you.  I used my new Bluetube v2 preamp to record the vocals.  So far I'm very happy with it.  This current week's entry will have vox and guitar tracks recorded through the preamp.

February 10, 2016 11:38 pm

Looking forward to hear your new recordings smile

February 11, 2016 6:50 pm

Creepy and unsettling indeed yikes but i like it because of that! Nice job!

February 18, 2016 5:42 pm

Hooray!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up