Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Edmund Snyder's music / Not Everyone Can Be A Star

Not Everyone Can Be A Star

By Edmund Snyder on April 21, 2016 8:37 pm

There has to be doctors, nurses and fridge repairers.
The world needs bus drivers and stretcher-bearers.
You could be someone who fixes cars
'cause not everyone can be a star.

Not everyone can be a star,
So choose a path that's less bizarre.
Not everyone can be on stage.
So slave away to earn your wage.
You'll likely never make it far
But not everyone can be a star.

The world needs garbage collectors and waitstaff, too,
And lots of arms to shovel poo.
Or you could schlep drinks down at the bar.
Not everyone can be a star.

Not everyone can be a star,
So choose a path that's less bizarre.
Not everyone can be on stage.
So slave away to earn your wage.
You'll likely never make it far
But not everyone can be a star.

Break you back, bust your hump,
receive a swift kick in the rump.
Slog away, sweat and toil.
It makes your blood begin to boil.

Not everyone can be a star,
So choose a path that's less bizarre.
Not everyone can be on stage.
So slave away to earn your wage.
You'll likely never make it far
But not everyone can be a star.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

April 25, 2016 4:22 am

great song, totally depressing lyrics!  brb, quitting music

April 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Housemartins: Sheep. You play in the same league. Great song. I think you should be a star!

April 26, 2016 4:52 pm

true.

but... there's not enough music in this world :-) so our songs are answers to each other this week i guess, depends on which way you read it it could be more or less depressing.

great track as usual. drums from computer or live??? also, my personal favorite is the fat synth line at the very end.

April 26, 2016 11:43 pm

I love the lyrics. Great production. too. ::)

April 29, 2016 2:37 pm

I agree, very nice Song and great lyrics!

May 1, 2016 3:37 am

Definitely some strong song writing here and production has improved heaps.  Nice work.

May 1, 2016 11:34 pm
orangedrink wrote:

great song, totally depressing lyrics!  brb, quitting music

Please don't!

Kleie wrote:

I listened. I don't really hear it, but thanks!

Christian Grey wrote:

true.

Thank you.  The drums are from my computer.  I did buy a drum set, but I can't play very well.

Jim Wood wrote:

I love the lyrics. Great production. too. ::)

m2K7 wrote:

I agree, very nice Song and great lyrics!

rdomain wrote:

Thanks all for listening and commenting.

May 2, 2016 12:30 am

yeah drums are cool... ;-)

May 2, 2016 12:40 am
Christian Grey wrote:

yeah drums are cool... ;-)

We bought a cheap set so my 10 year old has something to practice on because we have him in lessons.  So far I'm practicing along with him and I'm way better than him... but that's not saying much.

May 2, 2016 12:48 am
Edmund Snyder wrote:
Christian Grey wrote:

yeah drums are cool... ;-)

Funny, we did the same thing, bought a little kiddie kit for my 7yo but he hasn't looked at it much while I looove it. So I recently bought a craigslist thingy. So fun!

May 3, 2016 9:45 pm
Kleie wrote:

I listened. I don't really hear it, but thanks!

I did not refer to the music itself but to a certain sense of irony in your lyrics.