Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / dj someguy's music / To Kill A Rocking Bird

To Kill A Rocking Bird

By dj someguy on February 5, 2016 6:19 pm

I used a Roland 707 for this, one that i could borrow from a friend for a few hours. Was great fun.
Apart from that I used the Diva plugin again and some standard Ableton percussion.
Came up with this techno track. Pretty straightforward, more so than the previous tracks.
But I think it has a nice drive to it. Hope you like it.

February 8, 2016 6:47 pm

Great groove, and a fine acid hook in the bass there.  Excellent work!

February 8, 2016 7:19 pm
onezero wrote:

Great groove, and a fine acid hook in the bass there.  Excellent work!

Thanks a lot!

February 9, 2016 3:08 am

Like the layered bassline. One sits in the pocket where the other rotates and provides movement.
Maybe throw some distortion on sound of the elements to give it some more grit?

February 9, 2016 8:04 am
Mr Mort wrote:

Maybe throw some distortion on sound of the elements to give it some more grit?

Thanks, and that's good advice. I'll try that as soon as I have some time on my hands this week!

February 11, 2016 7:15 pm

That must have been awesome using the 707! I've never had the opportunity to use classic hardware. That being said, the drums and percussion sound suhweet! Definitely a head nodder.  Nice work!

February 11, 2016 7:23 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, a friend of mine collects all these great old synths and drummachines, but rarely uses them. That is where i come in ... wink

February 14, 2016 3:58 am

Great track man! I really enjoyed the kick, flat sounding in a way that still brings energy into the mix. The pad in the background also sounds really good since there's not really any mud to it. Great use of sounds.

February 14, 2016 5:37 am

I really like the intro, nice build-up and then the hihats hit, nice laid back techno track, it would be fun to play with that vintage gear

February 14, 2016 1:37 pm
Oso Feo wrote:

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Thanks guys!!! Really appreciate the kind words! smile Makes my day smile)

February 21, 2016 11:43 pm

That0s some serious acid smile ... It's true then : "Belgians do it better"

February 21, 2016 11:45 pm

Excellent take on modern techno with some oldschool flavour. Classy groove.

A definitive banger, Sir