Facebook Twitter Music RSS

GIRL IN A BAND

By dj someguy on February 28, 2016 9:03 pm

Made this one in three morning shifts before going to the office. Didn't have the time to properly wrap it up and finish, but overall happy with a lot of elements.

I used MFB522 drums and threw some soft synths over it with loads of effects.

February 29, 2016 12:33 am

You really squeezed that 522 little box. Sooooo solid!

The atmosphere is awesome, and I fell in love when you dropped that "ghostly acid"

The weird piano makes it some kind of distopian dreamy dark techno. I reaaaaaaaaally loved this one

February 29, 2016 1:08 am

So fantastic, loving it!

February 29, 2016 8:29 am
laguna wrote:

You really squeezed that 522 little box. Sooooo solid!

Thanks man!!! And yeah, that mfb 522 ... I don't use it too often but I kinda re-discovered it recently. It is very simple, but it gets the job done smile

February 29, 2016 9:14 am
royb0t wrote:

So fantastic, loving it!

Thank you so much, man!!

February 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Great disconnect between the rhythm and the floaty lead (ghost world?).

February 29, 2016 4:25 pm

This track has some sick bass!

February 29, 2016 7:30 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Great disconnect between the rhythm and the floaty lead (ghost world?).

I'll check it to be sure, but I don't think it is Ghost World, no. I used a soft synth, DIVA, and the sound was some kind of synth-string, with a lot of effect on it (distortion, erosion, what not ...)

February 29, 2016 7:32 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

This track has some sick bass!

Thanks! Listening again, I now find that some levels are not exactly what they should be, for instance the acid bass line comes in a bit too loud, but in weekly beats there's always limited time, ... But glad you like it smile

March 2, 2016 4:45 am

I really like the dark ominous sounding pads lurking about.  Well done!

March 2, 2016 7:58 am
Tone Matrix wrote:

I really like the dark ominous sounding pads lurking about.  Well done!

Thanks man

March 3, 2016 4:33 am

Great squelchy acid bassline (Luke vibert would be proud), doesn't sound too loud on my headphones

March 3, 2016 4:33 am

Just got to the midway point of the track, love the piano

March 3, 2016 3:20 pm
Jason Nijjer wrote:

Thanks! How amazing would it indeed be if Luke Vibert would actually be proud of me ... smile

March 4, 2016 4:22 am

Damn, I love those chords homie! This sounds so good I can cut a piece and taste it.

March 21, 2016 6:19 pm

high quality tune again. simply great!