Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

GIRL IN A BAND

By dj someguy on February 28, 2016 9:03 pm

Made this one in three morning shifts before going to the office. Didn't have the time to properly wrap it up and finish, but overall happy with a lot of elements.

I used MFB522 drums and threw some soft synths over it with loads of effects. 

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 29, 2016 12:33 am

You really squeezed that 522 little box. Sooooo solid!

The atmosphere is awesome, and I fell in love when you dropped that "ghostly acid"

The weird piano makes it some kind of distopian dreamy dark techno. I reaaaaaaaaally loved this one

February 29, 2016 1:08 am

So fantastic, loving it!

February 29, 2016 8:29 am
laguna wrote:

You really squeezed that 522 little box. Sooooo solid!

The atmosphere is awesome, and I fell in love when you dropped that "ghostly acid"

The weird piano makes it some kind of distopian dreamy dark techno. I reaaaaaaaaally loved this one

Thanks man!!! And yeah, that mfb 522 ... I don't use it too often but I kinda re-discovered it recently. It is very simple, but it gets the job done smile

February 29, 2016 9:14 am
royb0t wrote:

So fantastic, loving it!


Thank you so much, man!!

February 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Great disconnect between the rhythm and the floaty lead (ghost world?).

February 29, 2016 4:25 pm


This track has some sick bass!

February 29, 2016 7:30 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Great disconnect between the rhythm and the floaty lead (ghost world?).


I'll check it to be sure, but I don't think it is Ghost World, no. I used a soft synth, DIVA, and the sound was some kind of synth-string, with a lot of effect on it (distortion, erosion, what not ...)

February 29, 2016 7:32 pm
Ipaghost wrote:


This track has some sick bass!

Thanks! Listening again, I now find that some levels are not exactly what they should be, for instance the acid bass line comes in a bit too loud, but in weekly beats there's always limited time, ... But glad you like it smile

March 2, 2016 4:45 am

I really like the dark ominous sounding pads lurking about.  Well done!

March 2, 2016 7:58 am
Tone Matrix wrote:

I really like the dark ominous sounding pads lurking about.  Well done!


Thanks man

March 3, 2016 4:33 am

Great squelchy acid bassline (Luke vibert would be proud), doesn't sound too loud on my headphones

March 3, 2016 4:33 am

Just got to the midway point of the track, love the piano

March 3, 2016 3:20 pm
Jason Nijjer wrote:

Great squelchy acid bassline (Luke vibert would be proud), doesn't sound too loud on my headphones


Thanks! How amazing would it indeed be if Luke Vibert would actually be proud of me ... smile

March 4, 2016 4:22 am

Damn, I love those chords homie! This sounds so good I can cut a piece and taste it.

March 21, 2016 6:19 pm

high quality tune again. simply great!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up