Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

DEADBEAT

By dj someguy on November 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Came across this old Bill Gates interview from 1975 or smth and decided to start the track with that.
All the other stuff is analog-made music for once, with one sample from Ableton.
Been listening to some Drexciya lately and you can probably hear that influence a little.
Anyways, hope you like it!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
November 28, 2016 5:29 pm

This is a real great song.
The drums are huge...
I totally love this high background synth wich is constantly there about 3/4 of the track.

By the way what are your plans for the TR8?

November 28, 2016 6:18 pm
theGuen wrote:

This is a real great song.
The drums are huge...
I totally love this high background synth wich is constantly there about 3/4 of the track.

By the way what are your plans for the TR8?

Thanks! Listening back I am unsure about the overall sound. I mixed on different headphones and it sounded great, but now I am listening on others (cheaper ones) and it's all too much bass ... Anyway ... overall I am still pleased with everything that's in there. Mixing is always my problem ...

The TR8 will be my next purchase. I was looking into second hand stuff, but i think I'll buy a new one. An early xmas present smile
Too bad I'll have it when Weeklybeats ends ... Maybe we should just continue in 2017 ???...

November 29, 2016 6:33 pm

Love that rhythmic interplay!

In the mid-seventies, a friend of ours was working at MITS (Altair) while Gates was developing their OS; when Gates announced that he was forming his own company, he asked Tom if he wanted to join them. Tom's reply was, "No thanks, Bill, you're too much of a flake."

November 29, 2016 7:58 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Love that rhythmic interplay!

In the mid-seventies, a friend of ours was working at MITS (Altair) while Gates was developing their OS; when Gates announced that he was forming his own company, he asked Tom if he wanted to join them. Tom's reply was, "No thanks, Bill, you're too much of a flake."

hahaha, good  one!

November 30, 2016 9:35 am
dj someguy wrote:


Thanks! Listening back I am unsure about the overall sound. I mixed on different headphones and it sounded great, but now I am listening on others (cheaper ones) and it's all too much bass ... Anyway ... overall I am still pleased with everything that's in there. Mixing is always my problem ...

The TR8 will be my next purchase. I was looking into second hand stuff, but i think I'll buy a new one. An early xmas present smile
Too bad I'll have it when Weeklybeats ends ... Maybe we should just continue in 2017 ???...

Yes for sure! We have to continue 2017. At least I will cause it's fun and I haven't a full year yet.
I really hope to see you also next year here at weeklybeats!!!
And I want to hear what you are doing with the TR8.
Early Christmas presents are sweet smile

It seems that they are not that cheaper used... so I would go with a new one. For my MPC wich I've got from eb..
i just noticed that the headphonejack has some issues so I have to replace them soon. Not really the kind of task I am looking forward to wink

November 30, 2016 10:49 am
theGuen wrote:
dj someguy wrote:


Thanks! Listening back I am unsure about the overall sound. I mixed on different headphones and it sounded great, but now I am listening on others (cheaper ones) and it's all too much bass ... Anyway ... overall I am still pleased with everything that's in there. Mixing is always my problem ...

The TR8 will be my next purchase. I was looking into second hand stuff, but i think I'll buy a new one. An early xmas present smile
Too bad I'll have it when Weeklybeats ends ... Maybe we should just continue in 2017 ???...

Yes for sure! We have to continue 2017. At least I will cause it's fun and I haven't a full year yet.
I really hope to see you also next year here at weeklybeats!!!
And I want to hear what you are doing with the TR8.
Early Christmas presents are sweet smile

It seems that they are not that cheaper used... so I would go with a new one. For my MPC wich I've got from eb..
i just noticed that the headphonejack has some issues so I have to replace them soon. Not really the kind of task I am looking forward to wink

yeah, i am totally up for continuing WB in 2017. smile
Is it old, your MPC?

November 30, 2016 12:06 pm
dj someguy wrote:
theGuen wrote:
dj someguy wrote:


Thanks! Listening back I am unsure about the overall sound. I mixed on different headphones and it sounded great, but now I am listening on others (cheaper ones) and it's all too much bass ... Anyway ... overall I am still pleased with everything that's in there. Mixing is always my problem ...

The TR8 will be my next purchase. I was looking into second hand stuff, but i think I'll buy a new one. An early xmas present smile
Too bad I'll have it when Weeklybeats ends ... Maybe we should just continue in 2017 ???...

Yes for sure! We have to continue 2017. At least I will cause it's fun and I haven't a full year yet.
I really hope to see you also next year here at weeklybeats!!!
And I want to hear what you are doing with the TR8.
Early Christmas presents are sweet smile

It seems that they are not that cheaper used... so I would go with a new one. For my MPC wich I've got from eb..
i just noticed that the headphonejack has some issues so I have to replace them soon. Not really the kind of task I am looking forward to wink

yeah, i am totally up for continuing WB in 2017. smile
Is it old, your MPC?


Yeah it's an old MPC500... Akai refuses to build new standalone machines... And the idea is to sit with that thing on the couch or stay the whole day in bed while making music wink

December 1, 2016 6:10 pm

Excellent sounding beat and really cool synth that comes in towards the second half.  Nice work!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up