Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Diagamblic's music / Lazarus (with Rudy Escobar)

Lazarus (with Rudy Escobar)

By Diagamblic on January 24, 2016 10:30 pm

****EDIT**** After some suggestions from friends I've dialed back the bass a bit to leave room for the rest of the mix. You can find what I "hope" is now the best version of the track below:
https://soundcloud.com/diagamblic/aaron … ar-lazarus

This track started with an awesome delayed guitar idea from my buddy Rudy. From that structure I built everything else around it. I also wanted a pronounced NES and Sega chiptune feel  - so all the synths were tracked in Renoise with either Plogue Chipsounds or FMdrive except for the bass which was made in FM8. The song is meant to capture a feeling of waking up from a deep dark sleep, and seeing things from a new perspective.

Rudy Escobar: Guitars
Aaron Hickman (Diagamblic): Drums, Synths, Production

(Note: This song is not actually related to Mega Man X - Rudy and I just liked the image and the feeling it evokes.)

January 25, 2016 1:00 am

It does indeed! FIrst third of the song is a little bit dark, yet you awake and everything takes a whole new meaning. Nice guitars also.

January 25, 2016 3:41 am

I like it! A lot of elements kept reminding me of other tracks I really like, without me being able to put my finger on it o_O I guess that's a good sign! hehe

January 25, 2016 12:50 pm

THIS IS AMAZING!

You're a great artist and I love the feelings putting on the song.

Many congratulations for you!

January 26, 2016 8:14 am

Oh man this is some nice work. Lush track with lots of things going on.

January 26, 2016 10:13 pm

Gorgeous, particularly the sections with the delayed/reverbed lead keyboard line.  Nice epic lead guitar.  I also like the bass--I'll have to check out the balanced version, though, to compare.

January 28, 2016 3:40 am

Wow, incredible blend of guitars and chip feel.  I think I said that on your last track, but I don't think many people combine chip + real instruments very well (due to the harsh frequency range of the chip) so really, my hat is off to you.  Great picture!  It feels like we are about to go on a serious journey.

I like the bass, but I like my bass B U M P I N'

January 31, 2016 3:43 pm

What a cool mix of sounds in this one. Especially diggin' the delay/reverbed parts around 1:37 and the guitar solo around 2:40.

February 2, 2016 9:57 pm

Very nice job, guys!

March 28, 2016 4:15 am
laguna wrote:

XC3N wrote:

Naikymusic wrote:

THIS IS AMAZING!

You're a great artist and I love the feelings putting on the song.

Many congratulations for you!

iLKke wrote:

Oh man this is some nice work. Lush track with lots of things going on.

onezero wrote:

orangedrink wrote:

I like the bass, but I like my bass B U M P I N'

DjjD wrote:

Pieces of Eight wrote:

Very nice job, guys!

Totally forgot to thank you guys! Thanks for the kind words.

April 3, 2016 8:25 pm