If anything, this song is atypical, because it's 11 minutes long; that's something I gotta tweak.
On the plus side, the arp actually works the way I wanted it to last week, and though I did say it'd be an easy tweak, it never really is. In a python file of 750 lines long or so, the slightest change requires a change almost everywhere as long as the description of the change is cryptic enough (let the arp take the scale into account); but I prefer it over having to deal with 20 files any day of the week.
Also, while prototyping, in contrast, I also made the shortest song ever, exactly half a minute long in a 1/4 meter, which will maybe end up on my soundcloud next to the uncompressed version of this song.
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)