Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / cTrix's music / Loop de Loop (All Guitar)

Loop de Loop (All Guitar)

By cTrix on May 8, 2016 10:50 am

A looper.  2 layers.  Some dodgy guitar percussion and a layer of bass.  Oh, and that lead bit.

It's all for a bit of lols.  Didn't end up sounding like I imagined!!  But hey.  All played on my first guitar (start copy) I've had since I was 9.

Mix is weird.  Patch I had was amp sim-ed and so the whole thing sounds a bit muffled.  Neh.  Something different :-)

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
May 9, 2016 12:07 am

Cool guitars sounds. Great smooth bass groove! This is really fun and a nice change in direction going all guitar. My first guitar was a Mayana Strat copy I got for $40 a long time ago.  Now I've stepped up to a high class Epiphone strat copy though. smile

May 9, 2016 12:13 am

Big fan of the texture of this mix. Dude, that is tasty. I just got a new practice acoustic so this is sweet to hear. I wish I were as good as you big_smile

May 9, 2016 1:16 am

Sounds great man!

May 9, 2016 1:42 am

As I said lastnight, this is great.. at first it sounds a bit too fast but it really settles into the tempo. Live looping is so much fun, I should do it more often!

May 9, 2016 4:13 am

Very relaxing and catchy! big_smile

May 9, 2016 4:43 am

wow, nice playing and really cool idea with all the layers and some of it more percussive, ended up being really cohesive

May 9, 2016 2:06 pm
NWSPR wrote:

My first guitar was a Mayana Strat copy I got for $40 a long time ago.  Now I've stepped up to a high class Epiphone strat copy though. smile


Yay!!  Yeah, I stepped up to an Ibanez Jem 7V Custom shop.

thricefoldedcloak wrote:

I just got a new practice acoustic so this is sweet to hear. I wish I were as good as you big_smile


I'm actually quite sloppy at the mo which I realized when I was doing the tapping layers.  Love acoustics... but ya got to mic them to record!!

Women of the Night wrote:

Sounds great man!


Thanks!

Pselodux wrote:

As I said lastnight, this is great.. at first it sounds a bit too fast but it really settles into the tempo. Live looping is so much fun, I should do it more often!


Here's how it works.... max loop time is 5000ms on the Digitech... I don't know why because it technically has memory for more.... but 5000ms / 4 bars is this tempo!  Hahahaha.

Naikymusic wrote:

Very relaxing and catchy! big_smile


Thanks!!

george bowles wrote:

wow, nice playing and really cool idea with all the layers and some of it more percussive, ended up being really cohesive


I did put a layer of MaxxBass processing on it hehehehehehe.

Thanks peeps.  This one was a quite bizzare experience as my head was a little in the clouds when I recorded it!

May 9, 2016 8:03 pm

So good!

May 9, 2016 11:41 pm

Dig it!

May 10, 2016 10:09 am

Very relaxing, great Work!

May 11, 2016 3:00 pm

The loops are great--very pretty, and that distorted lead over the top seals the deal. Nicely done.

May 15, 2016 5:44 am
onezero wrote:

The loops are great--very pretty, and that distorted lead over the top seals the deal. Nicely done.

Hahahaha.... thanks onezero!  Sorry about the clipping on the solo (not sure how that crept in).  I love nothing more than a ripping sustained-note-dirty-lead-solo in the middle of something soulful!  Hehehe.  Glad I'm not the only one.  I rekon I'll be doing a few more of these.

June 5, 2016 9:02 pm

holy mackerel - this is awesome.  can I please please please make a remix of this?

June 5, 2016 9:06 pm

Is this all live?  What looping pedal did you use - you mentioned Digitech - I'm actually thinking about getting the JML 2, is that what you have?

June 6, 2016 7:15 am
orangedrink wrote:

Is this all live?  What looping pedal did you use - you mentioned Digitech - I'm actually thinking about getting the JML 2, is that what you have?

You can totally do a remix of this :-)  The MP3 is at 256kbps and there isn't that much high frequency... so a WAV probably would make almost zero quality diff (although can send if you want).

I used an RP500.  So it's not actually a looper at all - I'm just using the delay with feedback on infinite which you can turn to hold.  It was done in two takes... I basically built the intro (which is all live) then when it swaps to the second loop, I edited so that it was slightly built up already when it kicked in (otherwise it just sounded odd!).  Then of course I edited the first loop back in.  The guitar solo was a separate take over the top.

Glad you like it!

July 2, 2016 5:59 am

Still listening to this!

July 3, 2016 5:04 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Still listening to this!


:-)  Cheers.  It's actually the most unlikely thing I've made this year.  Looking to make more loops before the year is out.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up