Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / cTrix's music / Ever Since the Day (Caustic jam)

Ever Since the Day (Caustic jam)

By cTrix on February 7, 2016 11:57 pm

Time left to upload: 19 seconds.  Ahhhhhhhh!  I haven't even listened to this yet!!

(the below added after)

It was created in Caustic (Android/Win32) using (mostly) stock kits / synths.   The sequencing was a bit rushed as I had to stem it out after a few problems doing the final sequence in app.
In sounded quite different inside Caustic with it's own mix engine.  (I dropped my Caustic mastering when stemmed all the parts.)  I think it's the way the compressors ying-and-yang in Caustic because they all use the same algorithm - it just sounded better.  Reaper / Waves equivalents very different!  Here's a sample for comparison http://syntaxparty.org/temp/W5_Tried(Bu … t)-WIP.mp3
Written in 2 x airports, on 3 planes, 2 buses, and 2 taxi's.  Stemmed in bed.  Sequenced externally in the studio this morning in 45 minutes.   Now.... I get coffee.  Cheers!

February 8, 2016 12:04 am

sick as always, great work man!

February 8, 2016 12:34 am

Nice.  I have the paid version of Caustic, but so far I haven't managed to use it to create anything I would possibly want someone else to hear.  I love their vocoder, though.  Compared to Vocality that I paid big money for and it barely works with Studio One, my DAW of choice.

Great sound.

February 8, 2016 12:36 am
Edmund Snyder wrote:

Great sound.

I meant Vocalizer by Sonivox.  I use it so seldom (because it's a hassle) that I forgot it's name.

February 8, 2016 1:17 am
Edmund Snyder wrote:

I haven't actually done much with the Vocoder yet - so will have to check it out.  I was under the impression Vocalizer was pretty good; so it's a shame that it doesn't work that well for you.  Personally I have access to a Triton Studio, so I just use that ;-)  ... or Reaper's built in option which sounds pretty good too.

frank angotti is dead wrote:

sick as always, great work man!

Cheers man!

February 8, 2016 1:33 am

Love the stuttering quality weaved into the pad's shifts in volume. Sounds really colorful!

February 8, 2016 2:02 am

fav'd. really fun track, looking forward to next week!

February 8, 2016 2:30 am

man, I am all about this, dang

February 8, 2016 9:18 am
Brackleforth wrote:

Yeah, it's the side chain from the low frequency of the bass sine and a fast attack.  I usually use an RMS look-ahead to counteract it... but there is no such thing in Caustic!!  I guess it makes it's own sound.

ice smashing wrote:

fav'd. really fun track, looking forward to next week!

Thanks man!

Catthew O. wrote:

man, I am all about this, dang

I really want to progress the track a little more and maybe make an EP of this stuff.

February 8, 2016 10:54 am

did you do this on your phone dude? i don't think i could program drums parts that intricate on a touch screen hmm

killer entry as always duuude heart

February 8, 2016 11:01 am

man this is awesome! love the story behind it too haha smile

February 8, 2016 12:15 pm

just perfect work with vocals

February 8, 2016 1:23 pm

Imagine you set your clock 30 minutes in the future to try and trick your self wink

Nice work, and then, THE VOCALS!  --- I think your channeling some serious 60 revival vibes I think.
And strangely, it makes me think of listening to 'The Main Attraction'

!!!

February 8, 2016 3:22 pm

groovy!!! my favorites are the pulsing bass drums/toms, and yeah, the vocals.

February 8, 2016 4:05 pm

Nice one!

The melodies are so good and the sidechain in the pad is pretty cool!

Beautiful voice!

February 8, 2016 7:28 pm

I'd be stoked about an EP of this for sure

February 9, 2016 12:34 am

Not bad for a travel song at all! Very cool as always!

February 9, 2016 12:53 am

This is fantastic, really awesome, groovy vibe that just makes me happy and want to move. Fav'd immediately, awesome work!

February 10, 2016 8:35 pm

Excellent work--beautiful melody line, crazy rhythm, and especially great for the crazy schedule and not having listened to it first.

February 10, 2016 11:01 pm

Could we know where the vocals come from?

The future-bass drum line with a more acoustic kit sounds killer. You definetely should release a (even more?) finished of this track... F***cking RAD!!!

February 11, 2016 12:51 am

Super dope jam. I like everything about it, but especially the vocals and kick drum side-chaining.

February 11, 2016 1:09 am

Awesome track! Sweet vocal treatment. Love the story how it came together too. Nice work.

February 29, 2016 8:11 am

dat bass hnnnng

March 13, 2016 2:47 pm
laguna wrote:

This track is amazing. I haven't got my head around sequencing/producing on mobile devices, although I usually use them as synths. Could we know where the vocals come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e18vwFldiI    Hehehehehehe.