Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / cTrix's music / Drum'n'Bass Saturday Night Jam with Greetz

Drum'n'Bass Saturday Night Jam with Greetz

By cTrix on February 13, 2016 3:52 pm

If ever you want to hear a care-free session in the studio on a Saturday night... then this is it :-)

Took about 5 hours to lay down.  All inspired from an old Omni Trio track (vinyl from 199?).  I sampled the pad / chord off the start of the Omni vinyl, cleaned it up a bit, then the rest of this track just wrote itself.  Juno 106... uhhh... Reaper built in synth... lots of old samples from everywhere.  Ensoniq samples that are resampled...  it's a mish mash of sources this one.

CONTAINS GREETS!  (coz I'm an idiot and got on the mic - Had a longer list but ran out of breath!! :-P )

Also contains sine bass down to 37hz ;-)

February 15, 2016 12:04 am

whoa, sassy track! greetz m8!!!! :DDD

unh dat juno bass

February 15, 2016 12:33 am

greets m8, keep up the tunes. smile

February 15, 2016 1:11 am

Thanks for the shout out! I like how it sounds like "I pay ghosts" the way you say it.

February 15, 2016 1:43 am

Hey, I think I got some greets!!! Thank you, man. Such and honor... You made my week smile

I think I had that vinyl... loving what you did with those samples. Are you planning on reviving that E-MU 6400? Drop me a line if you want to swap some banks (I'm just discovering mine).

We should hold a WB sine wave duel... kinda "how low can you go" on old 90's boxes smile

Rewind Selecta!!!

February 15, 2016 8:30 am
OP-1 Kenobi wrote:

unh dat juno bass

Yeah :-)  Love it.  Unfortunately I sampled the crap out of it and handed it back.  Really wish I owned that one.

Tri Angles wrote:

greets m8, keep up the tunes. smile

Cheers!!

Ipaghost wrote:

I always pay my ghosts.

laguna wrote:

Are you planning on reviving that E-MU 6400? Drop me a line if you want to swap some banks (I'm just discovering mine). The track is super fun and I've already played it 4 times in a row. Now listening on headphones because it's monday night but tomorrow it will sure bang the subs...

Oh man!  Thanks for the feedback :-)  I'm still getting the hang of my 6400... unfortunately the guy I got it off had lost all the ZIP disks that went with it.  So I got a stock unit with only a floppy drive to boot (but huge FX card and maxed out RAM).  When I get a bit more time I'll defs be striking it up (later in the year).  Would love to trade banks if I can find some / make some!!

February 15, 2016 8:40 am

ha ha excellent

February 15, 2016 12:05 pm

Haven't listened to my old DnB records in ages, but this tune definitely makes me wanna dig for my old Optical's again. Massive track! Love the contrast between the more mellow synths and the beats

February 15, 2016 1:00 pm
cTrix wrote:

February 15, 2016 2:38 pm

That list in 2012 was so much longer, but then again, NWSPR cheated.

Cheater.

February 15, 2016 5:02 pm

┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓ ᕕ(⌐■_■)ᕗ ♪♬ ┏(-_-)┓┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓

February 15, 2016 5:24 pm

My body say this!

♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪

Love the bassline and the voice this track is completely danceable!

February 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Infinite greetz man and thanks for keeping it real smile and solid as hell!

February 15, 2016 11:04 pm

I can't jam out hard enough to this. Great track!!

February 15, 2016 11:15 pm

Yah. Great sound from the 106. Greets work really well...

February 17, 2016 5:30 pm

Awwww hell yeah!  Badass.  Thanks for the shout-out!

February 18, 2016 2:06 am

Nice! Takes me back to some Drum and Bass nights we would through in spots around PDX in the early 2000's.

February 18, 2016 2:11 am
miraclemiles wrote:

geez, I can't spell all of a sudden .. that's "throw" not through ... and PDX being Portland, Oregon.

February 19, 2016 5:59 pm

aw shit rewind! thanks for the shouts out bud, super motivated to kill it this weekend with week 7 B)

February 19, 2016 6:49 pm

nice track! but you might want to tame that sub bass a little, it's out of control on my headphones!

February 20, 2016 3:12 am

cool

February 22, 2016 6:22 pm

this is really solid. really, really solid. I love that you seem to have phased the subbass between l/r. almost no one does this. I felt it really added to the dimensionality. then that drop, a really nice sawtooth synth. fits very well! great work smile

February 24, 2016 5:50 am

Thanks for feedback everyone!

thricefoldedcloak wrote:

Can't remember how I processed the bass.  Usually I sum everything below 100hz to mono.  Glad you enjoyed it.

dj someguy wrote:

Yeah man.  I pulled out a whole load of Peshay too.  Some of the moments on those tunes.  So amaze.

ice smashing wrote:

Hahaha... hope you are having fun with WB too!

February 29, 2016 12:16 am

haha can't believe i missed this one.  the shoutouts made my day!  instant download...

February 29, 2016 8:07 am

haha fkn hell, how have I missed so many of these?! I love how you call me psylodux.. I might have to actually make some psytrance next week big_smile

another one that sounds like monkeyball!

April 2, 2016 5:25 pm