I was distracted by several other projects this week, and Friday evening caught me by surprise...
I had two goals this week:
1)Do something less dance-focused, possibly something in an odd time signature
2)Try making a pad, which I realized I'd never actually done
Both of those goals were accomplished. I used Ableton's Blue Thunder kit, mostly left as-is for a change, for a different drum sound. Used a simple square wave bass. Repurposed last week's pitch-shifted bass as a lead. Created a weirdo keyboard sound that ended up rather underused.
The pad. Slow attack, long decay, combination of sculpted noise, 64-bit sine, sawtooth, squarewave, all at slightly different speeds and phase positions for thickness, with an auto-filter and pre-reverb added in.
The composition is pretty simple... Fmin7 chord for the intro. Gdim to C7 back to the Fmin7, then the same thing again with each chord getting half the time.
I twiddled with the pitch envelope on the drop sound at the end and accidentally created a theremin, so there's that too.
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)