This week I had a simple goal: create a really nasty reese bass sound and make some techstep
The former, I believe I succeeded, to the extent that I had to hold back the full grotty majesty of the bass until the final minute of this piece
Actually structuring the piece like something off the Torque compilation was trickier, especially since I'm still struggling not to spend every spare hour playing RimWorld PLUS my computer shut off and wouldn't turn back on. I determined it was the power supply, figured I wouldn't have time to replace it and still finish this week's piece, and gave up hope.
Then I decided to try ONE thing...
Yeah, blasting the exhaust fan with compressed air magically fixed everything.
So I only had a few hours today to throw something together... which means that the endless tweaking that can turn an OK tune into a pretty good one? No time for that. Just write a few hooks, throw them together, hope it sounds nice.
Written in D Shegaye, which is like the western minor pentatonic, but the minor 6 taking the place of the 5. Nothing too exotic, but it gives a nice sound...
Reese bass created on Operator, run through chorus, saturator and compressor
Plucky bass also on Operator, run through saturator, dynamic tube, overdrive and compressor
Pads also also on Operator, run through overdrive, dynamic tube (broken tube preset, 87% wet), saturator, compressor and reverv
Sidechain on the bass and the pads
Drums are a collection of 808, amen break, and dog & pony break
title in honor of my wonky power supply
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)