Started with the idea to do a noise piece. Start with a track of feedback, then layer more and more. Then when I was about to start recording, I noticed the weird clicky-click noises when the pickups, well, pick up the sound of the processor. I've always done my best to avoid recording that sound, but since this is a noise piece, I spent a lot of time intentionally getting that noise.
Then, recording the second track, I had the settings wrong for the audio output-- instead of going to the headphones, it went to the laptop speakers, where I couldn't hear. So I decided to run with it-- record each track not being able to hear the one before. So:
two tracks of bass
two tracks of guitar
one track of saxophone
one track of trombone
Rendered and imported into Ableton for mastering, where I decided to experiment some more with the "...to MIDI" function. Harmony to MIDI crashed the program. Melody to MIDI and drums to MIDI (which got some interesting results, since there were no drums) worked fine. Tweaked with some settings and here it is.
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)