Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Xerses Lander II

Xerses Lander II

By CosmicCairns on September 7, 2016 10:23 am

My good friend Bobby Bergland visited recently and laid down some beautiful vocals for last week's track.  They were so nice, I decided to re-purpose them in a brand new completely different track.  This time we go on an epic space journey.  In the spirit of recycling I also utilized some parts of a recording I did on a 4-track cassette recorder back in 2003.  Additionally I made a few field recordings on my phone and used those, too.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

September 12, 2016 2:15 am

really like this

September 12, 2016 8:01 am

Far out.

September 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Very much in the (old) Star Trek spirit.

September 12, 2016 11:32 pm

So nice. I enjoyed that sonic journey. Was really nice to hear those vocals more prominent in this weeks song. I feel like i got a lot of work done while this was playing, so I'm playing it again now.

September 13, 2016 3:01 am
george bowles wrote:

really like this

Devieus wrote:

Far out.

Thanks guys!

Jim Wood wrote:

Very much in the (old) Star Trek spirit.

I can kind of picture Captain Kirk hooking up with some alien floozy with this playing in the background.

miraclemiles wrote:

Yeah, I liked how the vocals worked in the context of last week's song (which they were originally recorded for), but I thought they deserved a chance to be a little more in the spotlight as well.

September 13, 2016 6:09 pm

September 14, 2016 4:48 pm

just fantastic!! Very good plan to bring out this stuff. 100% psychedelic.

September 15, 2016 1:19 am
Ipaghost wrote:

This is super awesome.

Q-Rosh wrote:

just fantastic!! Very good plan to bring out this stuff. 100% psychedelic.

Hey thanks!  Yeah it's fun to get psychedelic sometimes.

September 15, 2016 3:27 am

this is soo good, E. there's all kinds of ear candy in here. well done!

September 16, 2016 5:31 pm

Lots of rad samples in here. Fav'd and downloaded!

September 16, 2016 7:33 pm
cfurrow wrote:

this is soo good, E. there's all kinds of ear candy in here. well done!

Thanks!  It helps to have some cool raw material to draw from like Bobby vocals and old crazy 4-track recordings!

Alphaglitch wrote:

Lots of rad samples in here. Fav'd and downloaded!

Thanks so much for listening!  Appreciate it.

September 18, 2016 8:21 am

Wonderful track, with a lovely psychedelic feel, made my sunny sunday morning even brighter.

September 19, 2016 3:36 am
Plantrain wrote:

Hey thanks!

September 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Really cool vocal harmonies floating in and out with the pulsing guitar and synths.  I agree with cfurrow, lots of interesting ear candy throughout smile

September 28, 2016 6:59 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Thanks!  This one was definitely a lot of fun to assemble.