Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Wyoming

By CosmicCairns on March 8, 2016 9:16 pm

The idea of Wyoming conjures up images of lonesome but highly scenic landscapes.  I tried to keep that idea in mind as I layered a bunch of guitar parts and a few synth parts.  This one seemed to flow out really easily and naturally.  It's always nice when that happens.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
March 14, 2016 2:09 am

Big Sky country,eh? Majestic, esp. the way the vocals are mixed in.

March 14, 2016 12:14 pm

I love your sound. Kinda lofi,holds some sonic youth references for me ... Really love this!!!

March 14, 2016 4:58 pm

I quite like the beat, it sounds lazy and comfortable smile

March 14, 2016 5:27 pm

A bit more Indi-guitar-band like as your sixties
psychedelic tracks before. That's absolutely OK
with me. Your singing is really great and fits into
the track.

March 15, 2016 9:38 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Big Sky country,eh? Majestic, esp. the way the vocals are mixed in.

I was originally just going to make this completely instrumental, but then near the end I got an idea for a little vocal part.  Glad to hear it worked!



dj someguy wrote:

I love your sound. Kinda lofi,holds some sonic youth references for me ... Really love this!!!

Thank you!  I recorded for years with a 4-track cassette recorder back in the day, so I definitely have a great appreciation for lofi.



Brackleforth wrote:

I quite like the beat, it sounds lazy and comfortable smile

I was toying with the idea of having the beat come in halfway through, or maybe even going completely beatless, but I decided I liked the way it sounded from the beginning.



Q-Rosh wrote:

A bit more Indi-guitar-band like as your sixties
psychedelic tracks before. That's absolutely OK
with me. Your singing is really great and fits into
the track.

I want to try to mix things up a little over the course of the year.  At least that's the plan.  That said, I really like sixties psychedelic music, so I'm sure I will be re-visiting that sound as well.

March 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Love the chorus'ed guitar sound and the lazy beat. The vocals are great, too. At times, the different guitar parts seem to drift apart a little in terms of timing, especially the faster passages. I struggle with this myself all the time.

March 17, 2016 4:14 pm
colorful grey wrote:

Love the chorus'ed guitar sound and the lazy beat. The vocals are great, too. At times, the different guitar parts seem to drift apart a little in terms of timing, especially the faster passages. I struggle with this myself all the time.

  Thanks!  I always wonder how much attention to give to precision in stuff like that.  Too much and I feel like it starts to sound robotic, but not enough and it can sound a little sloppy.  I tend to just kind of go with how it "feels" as I play it and just let the imperfections stand.  Especially when I'm trying to rush out a track in a week!

March 17, 2016 6:10 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:
colorful grey wrote:

Love the chorus'ed guitar sound and the lazy beat. The vocals are great, too. At times, the different guitar parts seem to drift apart a little in terms of timing, especially the faster passages. I struggle with this myself all the time.

  Thanks!  I always wonder how much attention to give to precision in stuff like that.  Too much and I feel like it starts to sound robotic, but not enough and it can sound a little sloppy.  I tend to just kind of go with how it "feels" as I play it and just let the imperfections stand.  Especially when I'm trying to rush out a track in a week!

Got a point there ;-)

March 18, 2016 2:54 pm

I love the mood on this. Excellent musical prelude and the vocals are sweet!

March 19, 2016 7:43 am
cfurrow wrote:

I love the mood on this. Excellent musical prelude and the vocals are sweet!

I was totally trying to capture a certain something something mood-wise on this one.  Glad you're digging it!

March 25, 2016 3:48 am

The timing is a little weird for me, but I really like the vibe.  fits the pic very well.

reminds me of some of the spacier Ween tracks (in a good way), if you are familiar with their work.

March 25, 2016 5:57 am
orangedrink wrote:

The timing is a little weird for me, but I really like the vibe.  fits the pic very well.

reminds me of some of the spacier Ween tracks (in a good way), if you are familiar with their work.

Thanks!  I'm actually a huge Ween fan and I've definitely been influenced by them in various ways.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up