Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Sailing the Currents of Time

Sailing the Currents of Time

By CosmicCairns on February 2, 2016 9:26 pm

This began life as a sketch for what I would have done for week 53 of Weeklybeats 2014 if that had existed.  A year later I've fleshed it out a bit.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

February 8, 2016 4:55 pm

Not exactly my cup of tea, but extremely well-done. Kudos!

February 8, 2016 7:21 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Not exactly my cup of tea, but extremely well-done. Kudos!

Thanks!  I guess one of the coolest parts of music is not everything pleases everybody.  There's sure a heck of a lot out there that doesn't interest me in the slightest.  I'm hoping to try out a lot of different kinds of stuff this year, some of which I bet I won't even like much myself...  smile

February 11, 2016 2:58 pm

I dig it! The story-like lyrics/vocals almost sounds like Rodger Waters, good stuff

February 11, 2016 8:06 pm
donnyjankowski wrote:

I certainly can't complain about a Roger Waters comparison.  Thanks!

February 12, 2016 6:12 pm

Roger Waters filtered through Guided By Voices, cool ideas and twists in this!

February 12, 2016 8:47 pm
Sodabelly wrote:

Roger Waters filtered through Guided By Voices, cool ideas and twists in this!

Can't complain about a GBV comparison either.  Thanks!

February 13, 2016 4:55 am

Lovely melody, E! It sounds familiar and new. Sweet arrangement and I love the final verse...it hits just right. I can tell you put some love into this one

February 13, 2016 9:32 pm
cfurrow wrote:

Thanks!  I have a weird variable work schedule, so I was able to put a bit of extra time into this one, which is always nice.

April 14, 2016 2:58 am

Love this 90s alternative style. Reminds me of Beck or Ween.

April 14, 2016 3:19 am
Mercurymonkey wrote:

Love this 90s alternative style. Reminds me of Beck or Ween.

Thanks!  It's funny because back in the day Beck was the #1 thing I would always get compared to, but I was actually a much bigger Ween fan.  I do like both though and I'm sure they continue to exert an influence on me today.