Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Postcards From Dreamland

Postcards From Dreamland

By CosmicCairns on April 1, 2016 11:22 pm

This is an attempt at a miniature epic of sorts.  Hope you enjoy.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
April 4, 2016 1:21 am

Epic, yes -- also a bit scary. Then ever more epic...

April 4, 2016 4:21 pm

Lots of cool ideas in this track! Gotta love that outro smile

April 4, 2016 4:36 pm

One more time you are releasing a perfect
song, rich of beautiful instrumentation and ideas.
You are doing wonderful things.
11/11 points.

April 5, 2016 3:43 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Epic, yes -- also a bit scary. Then ever more epic...

  There's a bit of an unhinged quality work I think...



Brackleforth wrote:

Lots of cool ideas in this track! Gotta love that outro smile

  Thanks!  I did spend a bit of time on that outro.



Q-Rosh wrote:

One more time you are releasing a perfect
song, rich of beautiful instrumentation and ideas.
You are doing wonderful things.
11/11 points.

  Thank you very kindly!  I appreciate that.

April 5, 2016 8:48 am

the melodies sound effortlessly beautiful, I like that. I like the instrumentation that changes in the end, has this 70's feel to it, like a Led Zep unplugged or something (I'm saying this now, though tbh I'm no connaisseur of Led Zeppelin nor of 70s music). Anyway, just to say that I like it (caught myself humming it just now smile )

April 5, 2016 2:58 pm

Lots of wonderful musical ideas throughout the track perfectly capturing the seventies vibe. Well done!

April 6, 2016 7:30 pm
dj someguy wrote:

the melodies sound effortlessly beautiful, I like that. I like the instrumentation that changes in the end, has this 70's feel to it, like a Led Zep unplugged or something (I'm saying this now, though tbh I'm no connaisseur of Led Zeppelin nor of 70s music). Anyway, just to say that I like it (caught myself humming it just now smile )

Plantrain wrote:

Lots of wonderful musical ideas throughout the track perfectly capturing the seventies vibe. Well done!

Thanks!  I can't say that I was consciously channeling the seventies, but there's no telling how things can subtly influence you.  And I definitely can dig me some seventies music.

April 8, 2016 6:39 pm

reminds me of early pink floyd smile

April 9, 2016 1:33 am
yan_g wrote:

reminds me of early pink floyd smile

  Thanks!  I quite like some early Pink Floyd.

April 14, 2016 11:17 pm

Whoops!  Don't know how I missed this last week.  The clink sound is really great and I love that ascending chord progression into the breakdown.  Great 3 act play here

April 15, 2016 9:23 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Whoops!  Don't know how I missed this last week.  The clink sound is really great and I love that ascending chord progression into the breakdown.  Great 3 act play here

  Hey thanks!  That clink sound was sort of a spur of the moment addition when I saw an empty water glass sitting on my desk.  It's fun to incorporate found sounds sometimes.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up