Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Obstinate Seahorse

Obstinate Seahorse

By CosmicCairns on October 6, 2016 2:22 am

This is a song that I apparently started to record back in 2012 and then abandoned for some reason.  I'm not sure why.  The acoustic guitar parts were there from before, but I added everything else this week to help flesh it out a little. 

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
October 10, 2016 2:37 am

Glad you decided to give this a public outing. Great energy!

October 10, 2016 9:26 am

This is fun song! Nice to start a grey day like this!

October 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Fantastic powerflowerful instrumentation. The melody-hook is a legendary earworm, for sure. You did another hit, CC. What kind of medicine are you gargling?

October 11, 2016 4:09 pm

October 11, 2016 11:28 pm

Nice catchy melody, and cool lyrics. Gotta those seahorse!

That seahorse gif above is insane!

October 12, 2016 1:05 pm

This is pretty cool.  It has a nice lo-fi Beirut vibe, but without the Klezmer influence!

October 12, 2016 10:27 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Glad you decided to give this a public outing. Great energy!

 

Thanks!  A little while back I decided to dig through some of my old folders and discovered I had quite a little treasure trove of unfinished songs that I had kind of forgotten about.  WeeklyBeats seems like a good chance to finish some of them off.



theGuen wrote:

This is fun song! Nice to start a grey day like this!

Glad I could provide a little sunshine to a grey day!



Q-Rosh wrote:

Fantastic powerflowerful instrumentation. The melody-hook is a legendary earworm, for sure. You did another hit, CC. What kind of medicine are you gargling?

 

Thanks so much.  I appreciate it.  Hopefully I can keep gargling the medicine, whatever it might be.  smile



Ipaghost wrote:

 





miraclemiles wrote:

Nice catchy melody, and cool lyrics. Gotta those seahorse!

That seahorse gif above is insane!

Seahorses are truly amazing creatures.


mysterioso wrote:

This is pretty cool.  It has a nice lo-fi Beirut vibe, but without the Klezmer influence!

I can see that.  Yeah.  Maybe I should get a little more Klezmer influence.  smile

October 14, 2016 12:02 am

Yeah this is really cooL. Sounds like should be on the soundtrack of Juno. That's a compliment! and yes, finally gargling is in a chorus!!! WOOOoooOOoooO!

October 14, 2016 4:11 am
Podling wrote:

Yeah this is really cooL. Sounds like should be on the soundtrack of Juno. That's a compliment! and yes, finally gargling is in a chorus!!! WOOOoooOOoooO!

Thanks!  I felt the gargling was necessary to the underwater theme. 

October 16, 2016 8:17 am

Very nice track, the gargling is indeed a cool and highly unexpected touch!

October 17, 2016 1:52 am
Plantrain wrote:

Very nice track, the gargling is indeed a cool and highly unexpected touch!

   Thanks!  It was surprisingly a little bit of a challenge to pull off, but definitely seemed worth it.

October 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Really uplifting song!  Great guitar lines mixed with the vocals smile

October 18, 2016 11:43 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Really uplifting song!  Great guitar lines mixed with the vocals smile

Hey thanks for listening! 

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up