Facebook Twitter Music RSS

we took away his

By Christian Grey on March 27, 2016 1:21 am

I recorded this at the very beginning of this week, right after I submitted last week's tune. We had to take away a bunch of my son's toys because he did not behave well. I felt very sad about it. Listening to it now again, I'm not sure if the song reflects that, but there it is. (Actually it sounds quite peaceful. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe that's what most of my music sounds like? Not sure if that's a good thing...?)

Aalto EP sound and acoustic (steel string) guitar, capo'd up to somewhere where the open strings sounded right.

March 28, 2016 12:41 am

I hear elements of "Freude Schöne etc." strangely enough.

Your "crashed Oberheim" piece wasn't what I'd call peaceful...

March 28, 2016 1:18 am

Lovely piece.  Very enjoyable.

March 28, 2016 1:19 am
Jim Wood wrote:

I hear elements of "Freude Schöne etc." strangely enough.

Your "crashed Oberheim" piece wasn't what I'd call peaceful...

Haha that wasn't me that was Kleie! It's close though we've been making music together for over 20 years...

March 28, 2016 5:47 am

really digging into those strings to vary up the tone is so delicious.  love that kind of detail

March 28, 2016 5:47 am

i can kind of hear the frustrated loss in the track

March 28, 2016 11:14 am

Very nice

March 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Beautiful track.

March 30, 2016 2:37 am

Enjoyed it immensely. I'd like to incorporate my guitar into more of my tracks.

March 30, 2016 4:29 pm

Very peaceful indeed! I really enjoy how the EP and Guitar sound together.  Nice work!

March 30, 2016 9:21 pm

it sounds peaceful yet somewhat a little bit sad, like the instrument is sure about what he's done and the rhody-like patch has regrets.. Meybe I'm reading too much into it. Beautiful piece, by the way, as usual.

I almost forgot: Cool name change!!!

April 3, 2016 1:31 pm

Beatiful Work. Very soulful

April 3, 2016 6:35 pm
rdomain wrote:

Lovely piece.  Very enjoyable.

m2K7 wrote:

Beatiful Work. Very soulful

laguna wrote:

I almost forgot: Cool name change!!!

Tone Matrix wrote:

Diagamblic wrote:

Enjoyed it immensely. I'd like to incorporate my guitar into more of my tracks.

paul raygun wrote:

Very nice

orangedrink wrote:

i can kind of hear the frustrated loss in the track

Thank you all. Sorry to only answer so late. Spring cleaning...

April 3, 2016 8:29 pm

OK! you can do it at my Rooms smile Frühjahrs...

putz.. smile

April 10, 2016 7:33 pm

a song for the next album?