Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / chiefthomson's music / modular synth jam #14

modular synth jam #14

By chiefthomson on May 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Played around with my gear, this time very house-ish. Got myself a Korg volca sample and that's the main device that drives this song. If you fancy watching it "live", head over to Youtube and search for my artist name wink

May 30, 2016 5:36 pm

This one has a pretty rad underground vibe. The amount of low end in groundshaking and put it in a more experimental context.

Nice job!

May 30, 2016 6:07 pm

May 30, 2016 6:21 pm

Yeah, the bass in this one is mighty!

I was grooving on the mnml/IDM intro so much it was a shock when the house shuffle snare/hats came in and kicked it into hyperspace

June 1, 2016 4:03 am

I like the progression of this, very nice groove and synth that comes in at the middle, volca sample looks like it would be fun to use

June 2, 2016 6:18 pm

Very satisfying beat and sonic variations.  After the drop, when the full beat comes in, that right there is the payoff.  Great work.

June 2, 2016 10:54 pm

Those synths that ring throughout the song are something from a dream. I like how discordant everything is. Good work!

June 3, 2016 8:22 pm

Exciting Hosejam

June 5, 2016 9:08 am
laguna wrote:

Nice job!

interesting, didn't feel like underground to me, but this might be because I do stuff like this all the time wink
thanks man.

CrazyBob wrote:

Yeah, the bass in this one is mighty!

hope you enjoyed your time in the hyperspace wink

Jason Nijjer wrote:

thanks mate, appreciate it. Yeah, I absolutely recommend a volca sample. so much fun.

onezero wrote:

thanks for that,... yeah I like the "payoff" quite a lot myself.

Mr Mort wrote:

m2K7 wrote:

Exciting Hosejam

thanks guys!

June 7, 2016 1:26 am

Yeah I love the progression as well, and glitchy style rhythm... Excellent!

June 7, 2016 5:05 pm
Podling wrote:

Yeah I love the progression as well, and glitchy style rhythm... Excellent!

thanks man