Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / cfurrow's music / Get a Grip (and understand)

Get a Grip (and understand)

By cfurrow on November 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Here's something I started months back with the Korg Minilogue (fun!!).
I think the mood of this song could have been part my soundtrack as the election results were coming in and I started feeling like I was in an alternate universe.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
November 14, 2016 12:16 am

Does have a bit of a rebellious/protest and disgust vibe to it. Really dig the long drawn out feel to it, like you're hitting refresh on your browser hoping some huge upset in the polls comes, but it doesn't unfortunately.

November 14, 2016 2:22 am

Cool sounds and I like the way it develops.  Stay strong!

November 15, 2016 10:46 pm

great track.  i like the warbly feel of the whole thing.  sounds like how uncertainty feels.

November 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Uncomfortably Numb, eh?

November 17, 2016 2:34 am

November 17, 2016 7:44 pm

This minilogue reminds me a lot of my old EX-800. Nice to hear this sounds so fresh and good again.
Here is an old version: http://weeklybeats.com/#/q-rosh/music/plumperquatsch

November 24, 2016 2:07 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

This minilogue reminds me a lot of my old EX-800. Nice to hear this sounds so fresh and good again.
Here is an old version: http://weeklybeats.com/#/q-rosh/music/plumperquatsch

Very cool track! I can definitely hear some similarities between the 2 synths. Thanks for listening!

November 24, 2016 2:08 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Uncomfortably Numb, eh?

uh, yeah. : ( 
Thanks for stopping by, Jm!

Alphaglitch wrote:

Does have a bit of a rebellious/protest and disgust vibe to it. Really dig the long drawn out feel to it, like you're hitting refresh on your browser hoping some huge upset in the polls comes, but it doesn't unfortunately.

CosmicCairns wrote:

Cool sounds and I like the way it develops.  Stay strong!

orangedrink wrote:

great track.  i like the warbly feel of the whole thing.  sounds like how uncertainty feels.

Ipaghost wrote:


Thanks a million!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up