I wanted to use July’s Monthly Acid pattern and continue to work with the techniques I’ve been working on.
I started by downloading several public domain mechanical samples from Freesound.org. I then mixed the sounds in Audacity. I then took the mixed down file into Paulstretch, where I used the Stretch Multiplier option to effect sound.
Afterwards, I created a Reason file to add the stretched file to, along with an ABL3 into a Saturation Knob and a Synchronus. I then programmed July’s Acid pattern into the ABL3.
For the drums I used a Kong and sent the elements to different mix channels. Drum CV Control of the different elements came from PDT2s and a Euclid.
An Arpeggiated synth line came from a PolyArp Combinator into a Rotor and a The Echo. I then used a Kong channels to create a synth stab sound into an Audiomatic and a Rotor on the mix channel’s Insert FX.
For the Main Mixer insert FX channels, I used 4 LeSpaces. After Live mixing and setting up automation for different synth parameters, I EQd the tracks. I then set-up the Master FX using two Audiomatics and the Default Mastering Suite Combinator, substituting the M-Class Maximiser with an Ozone.
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)