I recently picked up a used Elektron Monomachine. I have not had much time with it, but I did decide to record some of the patterns the machine came with and process them.
I recorded 3 different Monomachine patterns into Audacity, each around 30 seconds. After this, I took the patterns into Paulstretch and processed both dry and effected versions of each recorded piece of audio.
I then took the six streched audio pieces into reason. I again created more rhythmic and more melodic version of the processed audio.
For the dry, “rhythm” channels, I added an Alligator, The Echo, a Synchronous and an Etch Red filter along with a Pulsar and a BZR-1 for CV processing and effects. I mixed and altered EQ settings and sent the mix to it’s own mix bus.
For two of the effected pieces, I added an Audiomatic and a RV 7000 mk2 to the effects. I then mixed both of these pieces into their own mix bus.
The third effected piece used a D-11, a UN-16, two CF101s, a DDL-1 and a RV-7 into the Insert FX.
I then live mixed the 3rd FX Channel and both buses with a Launch Control.
For the Mixer Sends, I used a rV7000, a Rotor and two LeSpaces. My mastering chain consisted of two Audiomatics and the “Light & Wide” Combinator.
I created the MP3 with Audacity.
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)