thought i'd experiment with famitracker again - I think i finally managed to come up with something i'm really happy with; most other NES tunes i've made in the past were only "serviceable" at least from a sound design perspective.
prior to this i hardly ever used the DPCM channel, so this tune began mainly as an experiment to learn the wave import workflow. i started with the modulated chord stabz - those were rendered via Charlatan VST running through reaper. i spent most of the time tweaking the parameters to get a feel for which frequencies would most likely survive the DPCM conversion.
i was also hoping to make a hardware recording of this, as i fixed my famicom to provide a cleaner mic-less signal out of the TNS-HFC3 unit that i have. what i didn't realize though was that the cart doesn't actually support custom NSF timer speeds. darn! hopefully next week i'll record something that doesn't cause the cart to die.
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)