Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Brackleforth's music / Temple of the Violet Flame

Temple of the Violet Flame

By Brackleforth on January 5, 2016 7:27 pm

11/8 time, Batti Major #5 scale. Transposition numbers are 4 - 1 - 3 - 3 - 1. Made in Anvil Studios and SynthFont.

Hello!

January 11, 2016 12:25 am

This track is really cool, a lot going on.. I feel the organised chaos --- such scale!
And the acid drop!!! lol

January 11, 2016 3:46 am

Despite the bizarre time signature and scale, it's surprisingly accessible and enjoyable, yanno, relatively speaking. heart Suuuuper fun and crazy, and yeah, the acid introduced halfway though. I'm such a sucker for that sound.

January 11, 2016 5:00 am

Interesting strange rhythm and bizarre tune
midi is good !!(*´﹃`*)

January 11, 2016 1:44 pm

Back again mate!!! :-D   As crazy and inspirational as ever.  Love that bass line.  Sits really well - esp for 11/8

January 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Expertly done, and extremely enjoyable!

January 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Awesome Bgm style track ^_^

January 11, 2016 7:10 pm

v pleasing to the ears!

January 12, 2016 2:53 am

Beautiful! I love that you're seeking out new pitch material. Do you pre-plan your compositions or just dig straight into it?

January 12, 2016 2:58 am

Really interesting movement here - love that 11/8 groove, opens up possibilities no end smile

January 12, 2016 4:42 pm

11/8!  Bravo!  Great rhythm, and I know some belly dancers who like dancing to 11. Very cool scale choice, too!

January 12, 2016 6:46 pm
Aday wrote:

And the acid drop!!! lol

Thanks! There is some 4/4 against the 11/8, which can sound chaotic! I like the acid instrument too smile

hypnogram wrote:

Despite the bizarre time signature and scale, it's surprisingly accessible and enjoyable, yanno, relatively speaking. <3 Suuuuper fun and crazy, and yeah, the acid introduced halfway though. I'm such a sucker for that sound.

One of my goals in writing music is to make uncommon ideas more accessible and enjoyable. Music is the universal language, so it makes me want to mix more things in! Your comment means a lot to me - thank you so much.

zyuuziro wrote:

Interesting strange rhythm and bizarre tune
midi is good !!(*´﹃`*)

midi (⊃・ᴥ・)つ

cTrix wrote:

Jim Wood wrote:

Expertly done, and extremely enjoyable!

Thank you for your kind comment smile

Droid-ON wrote:

Awesome Bgm style track ^_^

Bgm (⊃・ᴥ・)つ

exileFaker wrote:

v pleasing to the ears!

Thanks for listening!

Lyons wrote:

Thank you! I only pre-plan my compositions if I am using a scale with seven or more notes. The tonic-dominant relationship needs to be strong. In this case I just started with my scale and time sig smile

tim koch wrote:

Thanks for listening! There are indeed many possibilities with 11/8 - perhaps others would like to try it? wink

onezero wrote:

Thank you! 11/8 is fun for sure. There are six Batti scales in all. I encourage anyone who is interested to try them out smile

January 13, 2016 1:05 pm

Reminds me of Mr. Bungle which is a good thing! Keen to follow your work over the course!

January 18, 2016 3:13 am

BOSS FIGHT!

January 18, 2016 6:04 am

1-and 2-and 3-and 4-and 5-and-a

except it was more:

1-and 2-and 3-and-a 4-and 5-and

I think... I kept losing track of the one!

Fun track! Weird how it cut off at the end, I thought I was having connection issues at first...

January 19, 2016 5:51 pm
filby wrote:

Thanks! I listened to some Mr. Bungle and it's very vulgar and crazy, yet musical. Fun stuff

XC3N wrote:

BOSS FIGHT!

Target its weak point!! Use the fire magic!!

CrazyBob wrote:

1-and 2-and 3-and 4-and 5-and-a

except it was more:

1-and 2-and 3-and-a 4-and 5-and

I think... I kept losing track of the one!

Thanks for listening so closely. You'll get the hang of it!

January 20, 2016 1:36 am

ah! now I'm happy that @filby made you discover Mr Bungle!! My favorite album is Disco Volante

January 22, 2016 8:24 am

Damn, this song was everywhere! I loved it! What did you use fort the acid bass?

January 22, 2016 8:45 am

Yessss. Cavernous and moody

January 26, 2016 5:43 pm
XC3N wrote:

I'll give it a listen :-p

Oso Feo wrote:

Thanks! For the acid bass I used a VST called Synleth1. It's one of the presets

Catthew O. wrote:

Yessss. Cavernous and moody

Thanks smile It, how you say, represents my inner desire for more cavernous and moody songz wink