Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / BOULDER D4SH's music / Week 01: The Drink I Would Not Drink To Get Drunk

Week 01: The Drink I Would Not Drink To Get Drunk

By BOULDER D4SH on January 10, 2016 9:24 pm

New year, new weekly beats and new challenge!
I try to make some restrictions for me for each week/month. For this week i decided to only use Machine 2 with MK1 controller that i have never used it before.

While i like Maschine as drum machine / sound module it sucks as sequencer. The arrangement is just too stiff for one who has used to use Logic & Ableton. But it's good to go outside of comfort zone and do something else. This track is very different what i usually do. Machine make tweaking parameter automations so easy.

I started the track while watching Lemmy Kilmisters (RIP) funeral live on Youtube last night. What a funny and touching event that was. Name for the track came from there.  Also there is a rickenbacker bass sample used at one section of the track. Style is 100bpm fake "R'n'B" or something. Badly mixed, but who cares.

What drink you would not drink to get drunk?

January 11, 2016 3:47 am

I totally dig the beat and soundscape. I haven't tried using Maschine as a sequencer, super props on that!

January 11, 2016 8:01 am
nikola wrote:

Thanks!
Yeah, Maschine as sequencer is not much fun.

January 11, 2016 2:52 pm

I like the space tribal vibe here in the beginning. That bass riff is sick too

January 11, 2016 7:55 pm

I like this track, and the idea of setting artificial limitations on yourself to help learning and creativity. Definitely wowed me when the beat came in.

January 14, 2016 11:28 am

This is super dope. I really like this heart

January 15, 2016 5:30 pm

amazing beat and really cool percussion sounds. great track.

January 15, 2016 9:14 pm

Thanks for the kind words!

January 16, 2016 8:49 pm

Yeah, great R&B, "What I Say."

Sterno.