Imagine a super secret spy meeting gone wrong or something.
Comments: I didn’t really enjoy making this song. I started off with a totally different concept and ended up scrapping a lot of it. One thing I did realize was that muting tracks really helped clear up the mix a ton.
I also realized that if I’m stuck on music, I can pick up a guitar and it really helps me develop a song, but then it inevitably becomes a guitar song.
Monday, June 20, 19:45 - 20:20. Starting a new song again, as usual.
Bass notes: E G B F#/G E G D A/B
Pre-chorus: C D E (A)
Chorus: G C D D
Tuesday, June 21, 19:30 - 20:50. In a bit of a rut, where no sounds seem fitting and I’m feeling not too inspired by synth noises. I think this means I should create a bunch of basic chiptune waveforms and start there.
Wednesday, June 22, 20:15 - 21:00.
Thursday, June 23, 20:10 - 21:00.
Sunday, June 26, 8:30 - 9:00. I’m not really feeling this song, so I might lazy out of it and just “finish” it but not really finish it. I guess it’s a piece of music but I didn’t really get the chorus together and the melodies/harmonies and general musical style isn’t something that I am enjoying. Not to mention that I forgot to set program change events in the song and switched the hardware settings of the song and don’t have the patches set up correctly anymore.
9:30 - 11:00: A few innovations while in the last moments of songwriting: taking away tracks and parts actually make a huge difference. The track had a few synthesizer bass and effect sections. I muted them, the track sounded cleaner.
Total time: 5h 35m
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)