Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Arcana's music / Don't Leave It Like This

Don't Leave It Like This

By Arcana on June 5, 2016 2:35 pm

Don’t Leave It Like This
===

This song probably needs lyrics. I am not really that good at writing (or singing) lyrics but they might have gone something along the lines of:

There are moments where all I knew is you but now you’ve gone away, I scared you off, what did I do, what can I do to make up for what I don’t do for you.

===

Another week, another song. I need to practice for OHC400.

A few lessons learned: if I want to do well, stick with what I know. It’s good to branch out once in a while but trying to do too much new stuff (learning new instruments, doing keys I don’t know) will delay my work.

I’m starting in all software instead of using my hardware because software is faster to work with.

Structure/map:

Intro-Verse: vi V I -  (A B E)

Pre-chorus: vi V vii I (A B D E)

Chorus: vii IV V I (E C D G)

Tues. May 31 20:00 - 20:49.

Wed. June 1, 20:40 - 20:50.

Thurs. June 2, 18:45 - 19:10. Working on melodies.

20:15 - 21:00.

Sat. June 4. 8:40 - 09:15.

Sun. June 5. 9:00 - 10:30. Bounced it.

Total time: 3 hours 55 minutes, which is less than the amount of time I usually spend on music (other weeks I spend more like 5-6 hours on a Weeklybeats song). Also noteworthy is that there were very few sessions of an hour or longer. I can make progress on a track in very short bursts of time (15 minutes here, 15 minutes there) but I think it overall results in lower quality than if I block off longer time periods of an hour to an hour and a half.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

June 7, 2016 1:39 am

CooL I like the vibe of the song, would be interesting to hear the story play out with vocals/lyrics

July 25, 2016 11:20 pm

I agree that too short periods are not really that productive. I myself could vary from 1 hour to rare deep concentration 9-10 hours sessions, weather permiting.

Nice chords in this one