Facebook Twitter Music RSS

Weeklybeats 2016 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Mallows

By ahhsumx on October 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Ok, I have to admit I'm cheating just a little bit this week. I prepped this track last week before getting distracted and writing a 2nd track but I'm heading out of town this week so I won't get time to complete something fresh. So, I'm sharing this beat this week.

This beat is a chop from a Malo record. When I heard the shakers I wanted them for my own. I took a couple bars of the shakers with some bassline behind it and chopped it to replay. It was very difficult for me to get the shakers to line back up after I chopped them, but I finally got pleased with it for this version. I think the EQ is a little bit flat in some areas, but I haven't found a solution for it yet. I think I got too focused on the shakers themselves. I also had some trouble finding an order to the sequences, but after listening to it like this a few times I'm pretty pleased.

tl;dr> chopped up a Malo record on my MPC1000 to make this beat. sequenced and arranged all on the MPC, a little bit of mediocre mastering done in Logic.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
November 1, 2016 11:31 am

I like the way you came out with the mix. The shakers are nice and crispy. The whole thing is smoooooooth and chilled.

November 2, 2016 8:12 pm

Siiiick beat.  (I looked it up: this beat is referenced in the dictionary for the definition of "sick beat.")  Great filtering on that...timbale?  Snare?  Awesome shaker (when has anyone ever said that? Now we have.) and the samples give it a subtly twisted atmosphere.  Great stuff.

November 4, 2016 11:50 pm

I love the harmonies and the tones of the pads/other instruments! The beat is super cool too, and you use very cool snare sounds and others smile

November 11, 2016 3:00 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

I like the way you came out with the mix. The shakers are nice and crispy. The whole thing is smoooooooth and chilled.

onezero wrote:

Siiiick beat.  (I looked it up: this beat is referenced in the dictionary for the definition of "sick beat.")  Great filtering on that...timbale?  Snare?  Awesome shaker (when has anyone ever said that? Now we have.) and the samples give it a subtly twisted atmosphere.  Great stuff.

nikola wrote:

I love the harmonies and the tones of the pads/other instruments! The beat is super cool too, and you use very cool snare sounds and others smile

wow, thanks everyone! the snare was originally a snare as well I believe. I've taken to trying to find my snares within the samples I choose because it really helps them to fit better. I think all I did was adjust the reverb a bit on it to be honest. here's the piece of the record I used to make the beat for those interested https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0zjq8g80b9vagb/malobeat100116b-sample.mp3?dl=0

I appreciate the listens and kind words!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up