Of course, the year end has come faster than expected. I remember starting weeklybeats feeling like I would surely run out of ideas and looking back I have so much I want to now do and so much I learned I will definitely continue my own weeklybeats through next year. I think this last beat of the year is my favorite of all but I'll have to reflect on them all at some point soon (though I did end up missing a few, not in 2017!).
For this beat, I curated a whole bunch of sources on to my MPC1000 including....
- an awesome Gretsch drumkit sound pack from reddit (china + splash)
- a field recording of drilling posted here on week 49 by @djeroek
- this record sampled in to my SP-202 for some alteration https://www.discogs.com/Tiny-Moore-And-Jethro-Burns-Back-To-Back/release/2823472
- this record sampled and processed a bit in Logic to EQ out things - https://www.discogs.com/Bernard-Herrmann-London-Philharmonic-Orchestra-Music-From-The-Great-Movie-Thrillers/release/2149264
- and some voice clips from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxqmGmgtvMs
That's all, keep in touch if you like the sounds. Happy new year
This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)