Facebook Twitter Music RSS

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Abludo's music / Stand Still and Listen

Stand Still and Listen

By Abludo on April 3, 2016 9:21 pm

Sometimes you just have to stand still and listen.

This week was Easter, and I went on holiday to stay next to a reservoir. I took a few walks around it, and every time I heard a sound that I could record, I just stood still. And if you do that, you hear a whole lot more than your own footsteps. I stood next to a robin in a tree, and it provided all the bird sounds I needed for this song. The back for the beginning of the track was after a small hail shower. I used a few primary drum samples but most were from my library this time. All synths, once again, are Triple Oscillator or ZynAddSubFX. Made with LMMS.

(Side note: I was recently one of the judges for the "best of lmms volume 3" album. Check it out here!)

April 4, 2016 11:28 am

Beautiful melodies and I love it the middle section when begins the dnb beat!

Kepp it working in your music, you're great! big_smile

April 4, 2016 8:55 pm

Magic! I loved those arps.

April 8, 2016 10:41 am

I liked the use of the field recordings.  Grab a wind filter if you don't have one for your recorder.  They can save many a potentially destroyed recording.

April 8, 2016 4:12 pm

Very nice variety of melodies and environmental sounds.

April 10, 2016 4:29 am
rdomain wrote:

I have and did use one - it was a particularly windy day and usually I delete recordings that have wind but this one was more special to me.